There are uncountable numbers of youtube channels available in youtube and Many channels have the same name but different URLs for every channel. However they are useful sometimes, but they both have their own problem while sharing channels. Channel names are not always unique and URLs are difficult to remember. This is the reason why YouTube has released YouTube Handles. features. YouTube Handles are the same as the usernames for the YouTube channels. As YouTube Handles are individual for each account and easier to remember, they come with numerous advantages. So this post is all about How to Set or Edit YouTube Handle or Username on both Mobile and desktop.
10 Things to Know About YouTube Handles Features.
Before you claim your Own YouTube handle, there are a few things that you should know and keep in mind.
1. YouTube handles are also types of unique URLs or Usernames for Youtube channels or accounts. Everyone who has a Youtube channel can easily claim their YouTube Handles using both desktop and mobile phones.
2. It is mandatory to have a unique YouTube handle Like a username, and you cannot claim a youtube handle if someone has already taken that username YouTube. Also, you cannot put spaces in between the handle, you can only use an underscore, alphabets, periods, hyphens, and numbers. Each handle name can be between 3-30 characters long.
3. Earlier, Users who had more than 100 subscribers had the option to claim a custom URL. The name that you have set for your custom URL will be reserved for your Youtube handle name automatically. Although, you can change this custom URL anytime.
4. Your Youtube Channel handle will start with the @ sign. For example, @akash-kumar
5. You can add this handle after youtube.com and create your custom URL for your Youtube channel. For example, youtube.com/@akash-kumar is the URL of your youtube channel.
6. Earlier, you want to claim a custom youtube channel URL then there was a condition that you should have 100+ subscribers. But now, anyone can create a YouTube handle and grab the benefit of an attractive URL. Having a custom URL helps anyone to share and boost by sharing your channel. Also, the URL looks very cool and attractive when you use a custom URL for your channel.
7. just because of the uniqueness of your YouTube channel, you can easily use and tag friends in video comments, so that they can get informed.
8. You can see the YouTube handles of another account on their channel, comments section, Shorts video, and also on the search results page after a new update.
9. Most notably, this will decrease spam and scam comments on YouTube.
10. To avoid the risk of being scammed YouTube is also making sure that people will not use or create handles that are like a URL or that contain phone numbers in the URL.
How to Set or Change YouTube Handle on Youtube Mobile App?
If you want to Set or Change YouTube Handle on Youtube Mobile App then YouTube always keeps displaying a card on the home page of the YouTube app they also send you an email regarding set or Editing YouTube Handle and that email contains a link to set the YouTube Handle.
However, If you using it on your mobile phone, then you can set or change the YouTube handle from the YouTube app.
Step 2. In case you don’t have a channel then, click on the profile icon at the top right corner of your screen and then choose Your channel option. Through there, you can create your channel and there you will see your profile picture, name, and also handle name. Once finish editing, tap on Create Channel button to create your channel, and also you can choose a custom youtube handle.
Step 3. If you already have a channel then you can click on your profile icon and choose Your channel after that you will be redirected to your channel’s page. after that click on the edit icon after the Analytics icon.
Step 4. There you will find the option to change the Handle option. click on it to make changes to your channel handle.
Step 5. Now you can make changes to your Youtube handle for the first time. but note that if you don’t set the handle then YouTube will automatically set one for you After November 14, 2022. But you can change it later. after editing, click on the Save button.
You have successfully claimed your YouTube Handle. Even after changing, YouTube will redirect you all your previous handle links to your new handle for 14 days. You can also block your old handle for 14 days so you can get it back if you want. After 14 days, your handle will be free and can be claimed by anyone.
How to Set or Edit YouTube Handle/Username on Desktop?
If you using a desktop then you can also change the handle of your youtube channel on your PC or laptop. follow the steps mentioned below to Edit YouTube Handle/Username on the Desktop:
Step 1. First of all open the web browser of your choice, then visit YouTube and log in with your Google account linked to your youtube channel account.
Step 2. If you have already a Youtube channel then you can simply click on the profile icon at the top right corner and then click on the YouTube Studio option.
Step 3. On YouTube Studio, scroll down and choose the Customization option from the left sidebar.
Step 4. On the Customization window, choose the Basic info option from the top of the page.
Step 5. Here you will see the handle option. As I already mentioned that, YouTube will set a handle for you if you don’t set the custom handle, but you can also change the handle’s name after that.
Step 6. After that, click on the Publish button at the top right corner to save the setting that you have made.
As I already mentioned that YouTube handles are the same as usernames so it’s better to set claim your own channel username before someone takes your desired username. But, if you already have a claimed custom URL then YouTube will automatically redirect it to a new handle and reserve it for you.
Thanks to Everyone who has read this article. In this article, we explained How to Set or Edit YouTube Handle/Username. We have tried our best to give you complete information, but still, if you have any questions, doubts, or suggestions regarding this post, feel free to ask us in the comment section. We will try to answer your questions as soon as possible.
You can also check out: