Bus topology is used in LAN (Local Area Network). Where different types of nodes are linked to a particular cable. In this topology, all the nodes are connected through a single cable called its ‘backbone’. The entire network stop working When this backbone gets damaged.
A bus topology has types of terminators at each end that determines whether the network is working or not. It is very simple as compared to other topologies because it is very easy to arrange.
Language of Bus topology
In a bus topology, the nodes act as servers and carry data from one end to the other in a single direction. The data is removed from the line by the terminator upon reaching the end of the data. In this process, a Coaxial Cable / Rj-45 Cable is used to connect various types of devices.
Bus topology handles the data transmission with the help of cable as the data goes to each node. After which the node checks the Destination Address (Mac / Ip Address), by which it is known whether it matches that address or not.
Bus topology in computer networks
In the bus topology, all the computers are connected only by a single cable. Basically, an Ethernet cable is used to use the bus topology.
Under Bus Topology, the desired information for the last node has to pass through all the computers present Atached to the network. If you compare Bus Topology with other Topology, then it does not require more cable at its installation times.
Also, if another node in the network stops working, then the remaining nodes will still work, so it becomes very easy to add new nodes to the Computer network.
If networking is to be done over a long distance, then there is a possibility of data loss in it, for which this topology is not suitable. This is good for short distance networking. This topology does not work for nodes spread in different directions. If Extra Devices are added to it, then the data transfer will be at a slow speed.
Use of Bus Topology
Most of the people have doubt that where bus topology is used ? Talking about the use of Bus Network Topologies, they are used when there is a need like small and temporary networks. Which has nothing to do with the fast speed of data transfer. Which can work even on slow data transfer.
Mostly this network is used only in places like Laboratory and Office.
Example of Topology
Some basic examples of bus topology networks are,
- The bus topology is used by Ethernet networks.
- The main function of the server is to exchange information between different types Networks
- In bus topology, one computer acts as a server and the other as a client.
- A bus topology is used to connect two floors by using a single line.
- Bus topology is used to connect printers, I/O devices in office or home.
Advantaes of Bus Topology
There are also advantages of Bus Topology which have been mentioned below.
- It uses less wire than other network topologies.
- This is the most used topology for small networks.
- It is very easy to extend the cable by connecting it to the connector or repeater.
- It is very easy to connect and disconnect devices in the network without disturbing other devices.
- If a computer or device fails, it will not affect other devices or networks in any way.
- It is very easy to implement Bus Topology and add more nodes to the network.
- It is very simple to understand it.
Disadvantages of Bus Topology
There are also some disadvantages of Bus Network Topology like,
- If network traffic or devices increase then network performance decreases.
- Cables are only of limited length.
- If one main cable is damaged, the entire network fails.
- When the entire network is down, it becomes difficult to identify the problem.
- The chances of data clash are high when the network is slow.
I hope that you uderstad complete information about what is bus topology. And I hope you guys have understood about bus topology.
I request all of you readers that you also share this information so that there will be awareness among us and everyone will benefit a lot from it. I need your cooperation so that we can write more new information to you guys.
We always help our readers or readers from all sides, if you people have any doubts of any kind, then you can feel free to ask me. we will definitely try to solve those doubts.
How did you like this article what is busTopology, do tell us by writing a comment so that we too get a chance to learn something from your ideas and improve something.